Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground
DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground creates a soft, absorbent watercolor surface with a slightly cottony texture that’s similar to cold press paper. With this breakthrough archival-quality ground, artists can create new work on any surface, rescue flawed paintings, lift and scrub without damaging the painting surface, and frame without glass. There’s really no end to what can be done!
The beauty of watercolor is transparency and transparency is what gives watercolor paintings their distinctive clarity, luminosity and realism. Now, with DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground, artists can get this unique visual quality on any surface they choose:
– Wood & Plaster
– Canvas & Masonite
– All types of paper
– Glass & Plexiglass
– Stone & Masonry
Archival and acid free.
– Creates a soft, absorbent surface similar to cold press watercolor paper.
– Excellent surface for all watercolors.
– The Watercolor Ground surface holds up to vigorous scrubbing without any damage.
– Heavily pigmented with a thick, brushable consistency.
– Easy Application.
– Repair and rescue paintings.
– Transparent watercolors can now be shown on any surface.
– Frame without Glass. We suggest spraying with a high quality, Archival Aerosol MSA Varnish with UVLS to protect your painting.
– Fantastic for multi-media work—combine with decorative paper, acrylics, pen and ink and collage.
– Nothing else like it on the market.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Grounds are made by hand, in Seattle, Washington, USA.